Friday, February 8, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #2


Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh* 

That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, excerpt, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back. To learn more about this meme CLICK HERE.


My post today is from THERE IS NOT LIGHT IN DARKNESS by Claire Contresas. This was a surprising read that I ended up really enjoying very much- especially since there is a jerk...a hot jerk in it. :) 

Here is a point of view from the jerk himself, Cole. *sigh* I like him a lot. In fact, for being a jerk, all the ladies like him, which is a rare thing. 

There is a giveaway for a signed copy of this book going on HERE.




Cole's POV in New York



I’m practically sprinting through the lobby on my way to dinner. I really didn’t want to be late tonight, but the damn cab I took got stuck in every corner. I tried calling Aubry and Greg to see where they were sitting, but none of them answered their phones. When I step into the restaurant, I see the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on, and my heart stops beating. Her dirty blond hair is cascading down her shoulders, and she’s pursing her pouty lips as she eyes the menu. She’s wearing a tight black dress that pushes her tits up perfectly. I bite down on my lip as I picture my mouth on them, tugging at them. I lose my trail of thought when I see a masculine arm drape over her shoulder. Who the fuck is that? Her stormy gray eyes snap to mine, almost as if she heard my thoughts, and she gives me a smile that makes me want to drop down on one knee and propose right here. I shake my head and glare at her and at the arm that’s touching her. Who the fuck is this asshole? Blake rolls her eyes at me and shakes her head. I make my way to the table and greet everybody before I extend my hand out to Trevor. I barely recognized him with his haircut. Thankfully, he took his arm off my girl’s shoulder, so I won’t have to break it.

            “Mind if I scoot between you two?” I ask. “I haven’t seen my friend in a while, and we need to catch up.” I really want to say my girl, but I know Blake will call me out on it.

            “No that’s fine,” Trevor replies before looking at Blake. I see her smile at him and try my best not to say anything.

            I lean into her as I sit down. “You look beautiful, baby,” I whisper before I kiss her just below her ear. I know she loves to be kissed there and I hope to God that nobody else knows that.

            I hear her gasp. “Cole, we’re in a public restaurant. People will most likely recognize you. You need to think.” All I can do to keep me from devouring her mouth right now, is smile at her. She’s so fucking adorable.

            As the night progresses, I start talking to Greg and Aubry about the stupid shit we used to do when we were young.

            “Yo, remember the time you toiler papered Miss. Nancy’s car at the mall?” Aubry asks laughing.

            Greg spits out some of his drink back into his cup as he starts laughing. “Oh shit! I had totally forgotten about that! Dude,” he starts as he turns to his friend. “This fucking fool gets a whole pack of toilet paper that was in our trunk, because Maggie asked us to do the groceries, and he tears it open and starts putting it all over this lady’s car. The lady had just given him a D in History and he was pissed because they benched him for the week. How ‘bout in the middle of his fucking rant, because he was talking mad shit about this lady as he’s doing this, she comes out of the mall WITH HER BOYFRIEND WHO HAPPENED TO BE OUR FUCKING FOOTBALL COACH!” Greg starts laughing again and Aubry joins him and I start laughing because that day is pretty funny to me now. Through my peripheral vision, I see Blake lean forward and say something to Trevor, who’s also leaning forward and I stop laughing and start listening.

            “What room are you guys in?” Trevor asks quietly, but I can hear what he’s insinuating and I don’t like it at all. I grab the hand that she has closest to me and squeeze it a little to let her know that even though I’m talking, I didn’t forget about her.

            “One of the suites,” she replies.

            “Oh, it’s like that?” Trevor says. “I’m staying here too. I could just follow you up, you know?”

It’s taking every ounce of my willpower not to stop this conversation from happening in front of me. I know I’ve put Blake through a lot, she’s put me through a lot of shit too, but this has to end. This has to fucking end tonight. I don’t care what I have to do or how I do it, I’m getting her back, and if she’s openly flirting with this asshole, I know she’s not with Russell anymore. Either that or she wants to make it a point to piss me the fuck off, which she’s doing.

            “You need a key to stalk,” Blake says in a way too flirty voice. I let go of her hand and I squeeze her thigh instead. Maybe this will get her to shut up before I lose it. “So, Cole, are you still dating Erin?” Trevor asks studying my face. I didn’t realize I needed someone to scrutinize me to see if I would tell the truth or not. Clearly he doesn’t know shit about how Blake and I work. I would never lie to her. I notice her look away quickly.

            “We broke up recently,” I reply. She looks back at me and I grin at her thinking that she’s not getting away this time. She looks back at Becky who’s talking to her about shoes and I roll my eyes. Why is that damn girl always talking about clothes?

            “Oh, sorry to hear that. She’s a great girl. We’ve met a couple of times,” Trevor says.

            “Yeah, she is a great girl. She’s just not my girl,” I respond, still looking at Blake. I know she heard me because she’s blushing and she never blushes. The thought that she likes being called my girl makes my heart do some crazy shit.

            After we sort out the bill situation, I excuse myself to go to the bathroom. Aubry follows me in, still talking about soccer, which I interrupt to call Erin and make sure she got whatever clothes she had left in my house. I’m pretty sure Blake won’t want to stay over there, but I’d rather start over on a clean slate and that means no reminders of any previous relationships.

            “So no more Erin, huh?” Aubry says when I shut my phone off.

            “Nah,” I reply shaking my head. “Not for me.”

            Aubry lets out a laugh. “No shit. You’ve been saying that about every girl for the past seven years.”

            “Yeah, well, I’m a fucking idiot, what can I say? I’ve been eating shit for seven years too long. I can’t do it anymore. I don’t care if I have to take out Russell myself, I want him gone and I want Blake back. End of story.”

            “Good thing you won’t have to,” Aubry snickers. “Blake broke up with him.”

            I narrow my eyes at him. “She didn’t tell me anything.”

            “You didn’t tell her anything about Erin either,” Aubry replies with raised eyebrows. “You guys better start communicating or your relationship is going to go to shit before it even picks back up again.”

            “Don’t I know it,” I mutter. “That’s not happening again.”

When I go back to the lobby I see Blake looking up at Trevor with a smile on her face that makes me want to drag her upstairs and fuck her senseless. Instead, I contain my growl and wrap my arms around her waist. I try my best not to shoot her a pissed off look, but I know I’m failing miserably because she looks like she’s about to start laughing. She smiles at me as she looks deep into my eyes, and makes me get completely lost in hers. Those big gray eyes always suck me in and hold me hostage, even when I don’t want to be held. I turn her body so that her back is completely against me and nip her earlobe.

            “I love you too, baby,” I say in her ear so that only she can hear me. I know she won’t say the words back, but right now, her body shivering beneath mine is the only response I need to know she feels them.

            When we step finally make it upstairs, it takes Blake two seconds to get out of the tall sexy heels she was wearing. I wondered how she was standing to walk in them for that long, she hates heels.

            “Blake!” Becky squeals. “You’re kidding, right?”

            “Ugh. Shut up. My feet are about to commit suicide,” Blake groans, making us laugh. I effortlessly pick her up and throw her over my shoulder making her screech.

            “Cole, are you crazy?”

            “Only about you, baby,” I murmur into her hair before inhaling her scent. She smells like fresh flowers, she’s been using the same shampoo since we were kids, and I love it. She smells like home to me. Sadness floods me when our eyes meet again, I hate myself for fucking things up with her. I don’t even know what I’m thinking trying to get her back. This girl, my home, the only girl I’ve ever loved, has been through so much suffering, and the fact that I contributed to that makes me crazy. If I have to spend the rest of my days making up for my stupidities, I’ll do it, as long as I have her face to look at every day.

            “You can put me down. I can walk just fine,” she says. “I probably flashed everybody.”

            I put her down slowly as my eyes bore into hers. I look from her eyes to her lips a couple of times and all I can think about is sucking that bottom lip of hers into my mouth.
            “Uh...guys? Are you coming in or are you going to stand in the hallway, eye fucking each other all night?” Becky asks. Blake pushes off me and goes inside and I follow her. She goes to her room and I look around to see if the bell service brought my bag. When Blake comes back out, she’s wearing some tiny blue shorts and a red T-shirt that I recognize from high school. She turns around to put something back in her room and I read the “Murphy” on the back. I feel myself smiling so big, my cheeks start to hurt from it. I can’t believe she still sleeps with that shirt on. 

   
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...