Friday, December 27, 2013

Review: Being Amber by Sylvia Ryan

I need to start this review with the statement that I’m not a huge fan of Dystopian Romances. However, Being Amber has changed my mind! OMG! The story that Sylvia Ryan has woven with this one story has made me rethink this. I’m now eagerly looking forward to reading the rest of this series. Unfortunately it’s still in the works! I don’t think she’ll be able to write them fast enough for me.

On to the review…..

A pandemic has wiped out most of the US. The Government has stepped in and created repopulation laws. As a part of that, you’re classified and if needed, sterilized. Talk about having your choices made for you!

Jaci has been classified as an Amber and been sterilized. She’s moved to the Amber Zone and has a whole new way of thinking and living to adjust to. Xander is her roommate. He lives with her and takes care of her.

They fall for each other, but Xander won’t act on those feelings. When Jaci finds out his lies of omission, she’s hurt, scared and she runs.

Xander is definitely hot. He’s alpha-male, dominating and takes control. Jaci is uncertain in her new world. She’s timid at first, which is to be expected. But she develops her spine and stands up for herself. She won’t be stepped on. I loved them both. They’re strong with moments of weakness.

Xander likes to be in control and there are BDSM elements in the story. Jaci is new to this but takes to it like a fish to water. I’m hoping we see more of them in the later stories.

While this is a complete story in itself, there is a small cliffhanger at the end. We have the beginning of a revolution. We know it starts here but we don’t know where it goes or how it ends. However, the story between Jaci and Xander is complete in itself.


I’m ready for the next book in the series and from my understanding there’s more BDSM in it. Plus a set of hot twins! Yummy!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...