Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Author Interview: Kindle Alexander



Janna:  Hi everyone!  Please welcome Kindle Alexander to My Secret Romance.  Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview.  First off please let me say how much I enjoyed Double Full and I personally can’t wait to read more from you in the future. 

Kindle Alexander:  Thank you for letting me be here and feel free to say that all you want! THANK YOU!

Janna:  Please tell us a little about yourself.

Kindle Alexander:  Why is this question so hard? Kindle is the writing team of two people. We formed together to write under one pen name that we named after my daughter, Kindle. Swear!

Janna:  What or who inspired you to write Double Full?

Kindle Alexander:  My writing partner and I were cheerleading moms. Shhh. Dont judge us. I know you are judging us. Never one time did we threaten anyone, or pay anyone to hurt another player or cheer mom. That was South Texas. We are Northern Texas.

Janna:  Is Double Full going to be part of a series?

Kindle Alexander:  YES! Full Disclosure - Mitch's story is coming soon.

Janna:  What other books have you written or are in the process of writing?

Kindle Alexander:  We have three other MM Romances, Up in Arms, Texas Pride, The Current Between Us and this one, Double Full. Always is planned for a mid-January release, maybe sooner. Full Disclosure and Texas Pride Squared are coming soon!

Janna:  Who are some of your favorite authors, series, or books?

Kindle Alexander:  Susan Mac Nicol - Love Her!  Sara York - Love Her! Lori Toland is new to me, I like her. Donya Lynne, Allison Cassata, Christi Snow, Carter Qhuinn - he's new to me but very good! Nicole Edwards (truly one of the best people on the planet), Ella Frank - have you seen what she has done with her gay fiction book Try? She broke so many records. I love Sandrine Gasq-Dion as a author and a friend. Nicole Colville, SE Jakes, Jacob Flores, KT Grant, MJ Fryer... I know I'm missing someone that I will regret later, but this is everyone I bought books from over the last month.  

Janna:  Ok I am going to get a little controversial with the next question.  What are your thoughts on the new trend of authors paying for reviews?  (Please let me note that My Secret Romance has never been paid for a review).

Kindle Alexander:  Are you asking for money?

Honestly, I don't know a lot about it. What I understood about buying reviews was the little I read when trying to learn how to write books. From what I understood, that's a common practice in New York Times best sellers list. I don't know that to be true, but I read the big book publishers do that to get to a number 1 sales rank - not genre category ranking - but number 1 sales rank of all the books, anywhere.

Recently, we've been accused of buying reviews by authors who think our numbers are too good. It became a small battle on the pages. I have never bought reviews, nor will I ever buy reviews. Ethics of such a practice aside, now that I've learned more about review buying, I believe that is a terrible choice for advertising dollars. New York Times books have huge Marketing and Advertising budgets, mine is about $300.00. I'm not wasting that budget on reviews I bought for Amazon. I believe the majority of people who read reviews are here, on these pages, not digging through their Kindle. I could be wrong, but I'd rather spend those dollars elsewhere.

Kindle Alexander:  What are your thoughts on buying reviews?

Janna:  Honestly, I feel that there are so many of us reviewers out there who love to give honest reviews for free why would you pay for one to hear what you want to hear instead of the truth.

Janna:  Double Full is a m/m erotic romance, how do you get those who have never read this type of romance to give it a try?

Kindle Alexander:  All I can ever say is, TRUST ME! Just do it. I was you four years ago. If you don't start with one of my books, start with one of the authors above, or read anything by Aleksandr Voinov. MM Romance is 90% of what I read now. It's so stickin' hot! Just trust me. I never would have thought this was for me. If you are new to mm romance, email me at the address below. Let's talk.

Janna:  Where can fans get in touch with you?

Kindle Alexander:  I'm on all the social media sites, as well as email: kindle@kindlealexander.com. Come join us on facebook. We have a lively crowd. Jump in!  https://www.facebook.com/AuthorKindleAlexander

Janna:  What is one message that you want people to have learned from reading your books? 

Kindle Alexander:  Love is all you need? *lifts brow* Maybe?

Janna:  Thank you again for agreeing to this interview, I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Kindle Alexander:  I'm so glad I met you and I'm so glad you are feeling better. Thank you for letting me be here!



1 comment:

Kindle Alexander said...

Thank you for the great interview! I loved meeting and getting to know you! Thank you for all this! You have such a great site!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...