Monday, October 22, 2012

Review: Lustbound by Natasha Storm

Lustbound was not what I was expecting but I was still sucked in as I read it.

I was pulled into a world where men are nothing more than pets to service women. They have no free will and do whatever the women bid them to do. They are bound by magic to do exactly as they are told.  While this may sound amazing, it was actually quite depressing as they men have no free will.

Christine was rescued from the compound where she was raised. In that compound things are the exact opposite. Women are the property of men and sex is only to beget children. In that world the women are repressed.

One of the things I really liked about this story was the way we were learning about this new world through Christine's eyes. We learned things as she learned them. I found Christine and Valentin to be wonderful Main Characters and was vested in them getting their HEA.  Yvette is perfect protagonist. She's not overt in her nastiness until late in the book. And even at that point she's not overt in her nastiness to anyone else in the compound, just Christine and Valentin.

I usually hate books where they don't get their HEA but this time it's different. Any resolution to their problem in this book would have been premature and happened FAR too easy. There is no way Christine and Valentin could have gotten their HEA with Yvette in the picture. She's just too good at what she does to let it happen.  So, in this case I'm good with Christine and Valentin not getting their HEA. Hopefully it will come in a later book! I'm ready for the next one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...