Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review: The Awakening by Trillium

Lisa has been reading erotica and discerning that she may very well be a submissive at heart. Her boss, Hank, is the man of her dreams, she thinks.  After a chance comment by Hank about punishing Lisa, she decides to explore her possible submissiveness by visiting a class at the local BDSM club. While there, she runs into Hank.

Lisa desperately wants to submit to Hank but Hank doesn’t do romance. He has play partners but doesn’t date. Lisa is hoping to change his mind.

While exploring her submissiveness, Lisa plays in a scene with a cruel Domme and decides to give up BDSM.

Hank decides to give dating a try with Lisa, but will she give him a chance knowing he’s a Dom?

Trillium managed to pack quite a bit into a short story. I liked that The Awakening is not all roses and sweetness. Bad things do happen sometimes and the effects can be everlasting. Trillium manages to show how emotionally and psychologically charged these situations are and how the outcomes can negatively affect those involved if they don’t follow their instincts. I thought the scene with Hank was charged and shows how an emotional connection can heighten the experience.

While I enjoyed the book and will definitely check out more from this author I did have a hard time connecting with the characters. I sometimes felt like I was missing a piece of the puzzle that would have connected everything a little bit better for me.

Overall a good book and I’m glad I read it. I’ll definitely be looking for more from this author.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...