Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: HEAR ME by Skye Warren


At some point, her previous life had slipped away from her, like an old skin that no longer fit.

I am so messed up over this book! I don't even know where to begin...how to think? I had to call a friend to help me with my thoughts after this one. I am...so...confused...shocked!


 "What more do you want?"
"Freedom," I whispered.
"Freedom's an illusion. We all live in prisons of our own making. You picked this one."

This book reminds me of the movie Inception- It totally played with my brain! Completely toyed with me! And to me, these are the most memorable of books. The ones you'll never forget.

Hear Me starts off with a woman being chased through the woods. She escaped from being held captive and trained as a sex slave for what feels like an eternity to her. She has no memory of how she got there, when she got there or of her past. She can't speak, but doesn't want to either since she was trained with an iron fist and knows better than to open her mouth. Running as fast and hard as she could, she reaches the shoreline when her body finally gives out and she fades away.

Upon waking she is aware of her surroundings and assumes the position of slave. But this time it's different. Her Master, Sam, is kind and gives her a beautiful place to stay; he's not the typical dom she's use to. Sam sees her for what she is, submissive to the core, but wants no part of it. Sam tries to fight the dom in him but he isn't getting anywhere. He tries to coax whatever he can from this woman, but she refuses to speak. Nothing he does will get her to open her mouth, until his brother shows up.

Hear Me is the third installment of Skye Warren's Dark Erotica series and I was captivated right from the very beginning to the very end. This isn't a long book, about 100 pages or so, but in that amount of time I was completely enthralled with this story and didn't want it to end. I wanted more, more of how it began, more of the woman who was held captive and trained, more of the the whole operation. Skye Warren's writing is dark and deceptively alluring. You really have no idea what's going on when you think you do. Nothing is what it seems! The ending took me by total surprise. I didn't see it coming and maybe you will...but this is where Hear Me played me big time.

I read this series out of order, but was not lost at all. Hear Me can be read as a stand alone story, but believe me, after reading this you'll want more like I do. I will be picking up the first two books in this series asap.

Warning: This book isn't for the faint of heart. It contains graphic sex scenes, non-consensual sex and captivity.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...