Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Ripped by Mia Downing




OMG! I LOVED this book. Mia Downing has painted a beautiful picture of two men who grew up together. One is a jock and the other a geek. Now they’re all grown up. The jock is now a lifeguard and elementary school teacher. The geek is still a geek. They love each other and not just as best friends, but will they ever be together. Will they ever tell each other how they feel?

I loved Gavin. He’s been through so much in his life. He’s carries guilt he shouldn’t carry and while he loves hit best friend Erik, he doesn’t feel he deserves that love.

Erik is just as loveworthy to me as Gavin. He’s loved Gavin from afar and since he can’t have Gavin like he wants, he’ll move to California. Let Gavin live here and maybe, Erik will be able to start living his life.

It was amazing to watch Gavin come to terms with what’s happened in his life and realize Erik wasn’t going to leave him. At least he hopes not. Gavin realizes he hasn’t been giving Erik what he needs and plans to try.

I really liked how Mia brought all of this around. None of it was easy for either one of them. They had to fight to bring their feelings to the front and admit them to each other. It wasn’t a walk in the park. I also liked that everything was in baby steps. There were no “OMG you’re right and I’m all better in one word moments”. They had epiphanies and acted on those but it wasn’t easy. Life rarely is.

Male-Male romances are something I’m just getting in to. As I find authors that write amazing M/M stories I’m starting to fall in love with the genre. Mia Downing definitely does that!

Find it on GoodReads!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...