Friday, May 3, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #12

Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh*

That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! All you have to do is sign up HERE and follow the linky. Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back.



So, I’m in a serious conundrum. I really unsure what to do.  I just finished reading WalkingDisaster. It’s exactly what I was promised, it’s the retelling of BeautifulDisaster (which I loved) but from Travis Maddox’s point of view.

So, why the conundrum?

There were parts I loved. Parts I devoured. There points where I couldn’t put it down. Then there were parts where I was bored. Why was I bored? I already knew the story. Ms. McGuire did exactly what she promised. She DELIVERED on that promise. But, for some strange reason I wanted something a little different.

So, the problem is mine, not Ms. McGuire’s. I cannot hold it against Jamie McGuire for giving me EXACTLY what I was promised.

It was interesting to see things from Travis’ point of view. It was very emotional to watch him fall apart over Abby. To watch him get tied up in knots as he tried to hard to be what she needed, what she wanted. It was amazing to see him become the man he was supposed to be.

As crazy as this sounds, I think the best part was the prologue where we saw Travis with his mother. It explained so much about Travis. It gave me a deeper understanding of Travis.

Since this is Travis' story, I'll focus on him. Travis is a jerk. A nice jerk, but still a jerk. He's a reputation on campus as being a manwhore. He picks up women, takes them home, does them on the couch (they don't even warrant a bed), then sends them home. Amazingly enough, the women often get mad at him for this, even though everyone on campus knows how he is! While he would never lay a hand on a woman in anger, he will get in the face of any man that pisses him off!

When he's with Abby, OMFG! Everything he says is wrong. He just keeps pissing her off. However, she does give as good as she gets when it comes to Travis! Jerk of My Dreams moment for me? When he picked her up, threw her over his shoulder and carried her home from the Valentine Party. Totally jerky, but at the same time, so romantic.

Abby and Travis are a strange couple. They were so bad for each other and yet so good for each other. It’s one of those bizarre situations. Travis is an amazing character. He’s flawed in so many ways, but he’s perfect in others.

I’m glad I read this. I enjoyed getting Travis’s side of things. In many ways, his was far more emotional than Abby’s side of things.

Find it on GoodReads!


2 comments:

Maria D. said...

Lol...another good jerk of my dreams post!

Wordsmith Publicity said...

Travis is one of my top BB's forever. I love him and wish I could have his Maddox babies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...