Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review: Finding Judgement (Centre Games Series #2) By Natalie Gayle

Finding Judgement - Centre Games Book 2

Rory Southall’s dreams have been haunted by the beautiful blonde pixie he’d helped three months ago. Imagine his surprise when his next assignment is to investigate none other than the very same woman.

TJ Walsh is holding on to her family’s trucking company by a thread. For the last two and a half years, she’s been trying to keep the debt-ridden business afloat and her family fed. She’s driven and desperate to make ends meet. But she remembers every detail of a chance meeting three months ago with a handsome stranger.

What happens when a simple supply chain investigation morphs into a deadly web of lies and deceit and TJ finds herself squarely in the middle of it? It seems that very same handsome stranger has rescued her again, but how could that be? And how exactly does the illegal genetically modified products he’s investigating have anything to do with her?

How will she cope with knowing the danger is much closer to home than she thought? When everyone seems to be gunning for them, can she find love and salvation with Rory before it’s too late?

Finding Judgement is the second book in the Centre Games series and let me tell you while I may have liked the first book overall, this one is so much better and made me want to continue reading this series.  It has those sci-fi, paranormal romance elements that the first book had but I just had an even better experience with Rory and TJ’s story.  I have got to admit I am impressed.

I loved Rory and TJ and I especially loved Rory’s determination to be with TJ and to prove to her that being together would be something special.  He is funny and his nickname Surfer Boy fits him.  TJ is feisty and sassy and everything I love in a female character.  TJ is not in a good situation at all when they first meet and that just adds to her not wanting to date Rory.  And no I am not going to tell you what her situation is, you will have to read the book. 

I think my one big issue with this book was that some parts were drawn out and that could make some readers lose interest but I also think that if you are invested in Rory and TJ’s story that you will be able to overlook that and just continue on.  Like I said in the beginning of this review, in my opinion Finding Judgement is so much better than the first book and has made me want to continue on to see what the rest of the series has in store for us readers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...