Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: Step-Lover By: Bella Jewel

You’ll only ever have one forbidden love. 

Care to know why?

Because when you find it, forbidden love that is, you’ll forget everything else. You’ll forget your first kiss. You’ll forget the first boy who made you smile. You’ll forget all the bad, and remember all the good. You’ll forget that it’s wrong. You’ll forget that it hurts. You’ll forget everything that came before him. 

Forbidden love, it has a way of changing you. The secrets. The lies. The guilt. You want something so much you no longer care about the world around you. The passion takes away the pain. I’ve felt it. I’ve lived it. I didn’t need it, but it chose me. 

I met him before I knew. I loved him before I knew. 

I didn’t know that he was my stepbrother. I knew I had stepbrothers, but I didn’t know he was one of them. Now I know, I have to walk away. My mom, she deserves this happiness so much more than I do. If she ever knew…it would destroy her. 

You have to understand why.

I saw my father die right in front of my tiny, eight year old eyes. He took my sister with him. All that’s left is my mother and I. She’s found her happy place, the only place she’s had since our worlds were destroyed. 

So you see, I can’t have him. 

I can’t want him. 

But there’s this problem with passion, and love, and destiny. 

It doesn’t give you a damned choice.


My Review

I just love it when two people who are meant to be together, even if their relationship may have people talking, and not in a good way, are able to beat the obstacles that stand in their way and get the happiness they deserve.  Add into that equation the latest trend, step sibling romances, something I honestly can say that I have loved reading about and for me I just can’t get enough. 

Step-Lover has all the elements of a good step-brother/step-sister romance.  The step-brother is a total asshole that deserves numerous kicks in the balls for his behavior.  The step-sister who knows that people will talk about their relationship if it happens and fights her insecurities about it.  Something to keep them apart and then bring them together again.  And finally, and in my opinion one of the most important elements, sexual tension so explosive that your kindle can combust just by reading it.  So you are probably asking yourself what makes Step-Lover different from all of the other books out there like this.  Well for me it was the amount of angst that Bella Jewel just instinctively knows that will make her readers be unable to stop reading until the book is finished, it was also that there was more than just Blade and Aria’s story, there was also the lives of Blade’s brothers that were a big part of the story line. I was addicted to this story after just a few pages, and my addiction only continued to grow the further a read.  Blade was the perfect asshole step-brother, almost right up until the end.  I am not going to give spoilers away but there is one part that had my stomach in such a tight knot and my emotions on high alert that he seriously needed a swift kick to his balls.  Aria, I felt for her so much more than I thought I would have.  Her past will make you hold your loved ones a little closer and not want to let them go.


It is well known that I am a huge fan of Bella Jewel’s books, and she has added another hit to her list with Step-Lover.  I personally can’t wait for the books about Blade’s brothers to be written because these guys have a story to tell, ones I can’t wait to read.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...