Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Review: Forgiving Lies By Molly McAdams

A matter of secrets...
Undercover cop Logan "Kash" Ryan can't afford a distraction like his new neighbor Rachel Masters, even if she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. To catch a serial killer, he needs to stay focused, yet all he can think about is the feisty, long-legged coed whose guarded nature intrigues him

A matter of lies...
Deceived and hurt before, Rachel would rather be a single, crazy cat lady than trust another guy, especially a gorgeous, tattooed bad boy with a Harley, like Kash. But when his liquid-steel eyes meet hers, it takes all of Rachel's will-power to stop herself from exploring his hot body with her own.

A matter of love...
As much as they try to keep it platonic, the friction between them sparks an irresistible heat that soon consumes them. Can Kash keep Rachel's heart and her life safe even as he risks his own? Will she be able to forgive his lies ... or will she run when she discovers the dangerous truth?


I am going to be straight up truthful and say prior to reading Forgiving Lies I had never read anything by Molly McAdams.  I have had her books on my kindle for a while now but always kind of kept pushing them off to read something else.  When I signed up to review Changing Everything ( my review will post tomorrow so make sure you check back for it)  I knew I had to take the time and do what I always try to do when reading a book that is a part of a series, that being reading the previous books.  So I picked up my kindle and scrolled until I found Forgiving Lies and began to read. And I read and read and read until I finished it and I asked myself why did I wait so long to read this.  Now before I continue, I have heard other people say that this series is a little different than Ms. McAdams’ other books (which I will be reading as soon as I can) so if for some reason this one doesn’t work for you, check out her other books and give it another shot.  Okay now on to my review.

I loved the banter and back and forth bickering between Kash and Rachel.  I think I laughed out loud so many times that people around me thought maybe I was a little crazy.  Kash knew that he needed to keep his focus on the job at hand but Rachel not just knocks him on his ass, nope she runs his ass down like a mac truck and he doesn’t see it coming until bam!  Now he did wrong I won’t disagree with that but I understand why and for me it is a forgiving lie. 

Rachel had been going through hell and she didn’t need Kash to add to it.  I felt so bad for her, I just wanted to say why, why, why would you put up with this shit.  I think that was my only issue with Rachel, she allowed herself to be used as a doormat at times.  I loved how her true personality would come to the forefront when she would bicker with Kash. 

Now I am going to digress very quickly and mention my feelings on the best friend.  Bitch needed a baseball bat to the back of the head, a punch to the throat and a kick to the vagina for ever, ever accusing Rachel of not telling the truth and treating her the way she did.  If I had been Rachel bitch would have no longer been my best friend and I sure as hell wouldn’t have forgiven her.  Seriously can you feel my rage for this twat?


Okay now that I let that out of my system I can move on.  I really enjoyed Forgiving Lies from beginning to end even with my little rant in the paragraph above.  It opened my eyes and had me ask myself what lies would I be able to forgive and what ones would be unforgivable.  You may think you know the answer to that but do you really?  And in case you are wondering why I keep calling them forgivable lies, read the book, you will get your explanation.  Molly McAdams, you have opened my eyes, not just to your writing but to the understanding that sometimes not all lies are bad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...