Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: Entwined with You by Sylvia Day



Mother.
Of.
God.








This book... I can't even... Words won't even...

I'm in awe right now. Absolute awe. ...This is BY FAR the best book in this series in the world, in my opinion. I'm absolutely blown away by this series in general, but this book... It exceeded my expectations times a million. For any of you out there who's hesitant about going into this book in fear of it being a major disappointment, let me be clear: Missing out on the opportunity to read this book would be one hell of a dumb ass decision. With that being said, let me just go ahead and elaborate on my gushing...

For starters, I think you all know that the most important aspect of this series is Gideon Cross. *moment of silence*

The man is the epitome of amazing. The personification of flawless. The embodiment of fucking perfect. I have never in my life come across a hero quite like him... He emanates power and strength in every sense of the word and after reading this book I've officially found myself in one hell of a book funk when it comes to finding another hero who can live up to his wonderfulness. Let us all take a moment and stare... 



All humor aside, there's more to Gideon than just a perfect EVERYTHING. His love for Eva knows absolutely no bounds and that to me is what makes him who he is. He's completely dominant and possessive, yet at the same time he's also so very broken. Eva is the only one on the face of this earth who can truly get through to him in every way and make him whole again. They've been through hell and back throughout this entire series- We've all seen it first hand... But the one thing that's helped their bond to remain unbreakable is their steady love for one another. Throughout this series, Gideon has been determined to protect Eva at all cost because she's always come first and this book only reiterates that simple fact to the extreme.

Eva has always been very strong and independent, despite her own personal demons and battles she's had to fight. She's so deeply scarred by her past and has been hurt tremendously by the many things that has happened in her relationship with Gideon. Despite all of the misunderstandings though, they've both worked so hard to keep things between them open and honest and in the process they've both learned to balance each other out. I do have to say that Eva is one lucky bitch... To have a lover like Gideon and a best friend like Cary... My God, the only explanation I have for her good fortune with fine men is the woman must have a magic vagina... And yes, I'm jealous.

I'm not going to talk about any specifics when it comes to the details of what happened in this story... I refuse to give absolutely anything away- The only thing I want to elaborate on is how truly powerful the love between Gideon and Eva is and how well it was shown in this novel. Throughout this series we've all seen first-hand all of the ups and downs they've both had to go through to get to where they are now. The thing I loved so much about this book though, is how well Sylvia Day has shown readers how much both of these characters have grown, not only in there relationship between one another but in themselves as well.

Eva and Gideon were literally willing to sacrifice anything for one another, and that to me is the ultimate love. I've yet to come across a hero and heroine who have a love as deep and meaningful as these two. It literally only takes one look and these two want each other so badly. They want to listen to one another... Talk to one another... Hear each other laugh and hold one another when they cry. They just want to sit next to each other and breathe the same air; Share the same life. ...Obsession? Maybe. But damn, if there's not one person out there who wouldn't kill for that kind of love to be reciprocated back to them.

I'm afraid if I continue on in this review that it's going to be nothing but a continuous gush-fest and I refuse to keep on the way I have been in fear that I'd never stop. Sylvia Day honest to God blew me away with this series, and this latest installment left me utterly speechless. So much was standing in the way of Gideon and Eva being together in the public eye and we've seen how much the trauma of both of their pasts can truly take it's toll on their relationship... But in the end, these two have only become stronger and this book really shows us that on such a greater level. I'm happy to say that Sylvia Day has officially announced that this isn't the last that we'll be hearing about Eva and Gideon- There story isn't quite yet ready to come to a close, and to say that I'm looking forward to the next chapter of both of their lives would be the understatement of the year.

★PS: ...For all of you out there wondering if this story ends on a cliff-hanger, it doesn't. There were quite a few loose ends that weren't wrapped up, but over-all it's definitely enough of an ending to leave you some-what satisfied until the next book is released. ...And for all of you out there who have yet to read the first two books in this series, (Bared to You and Reflected in You) don't read this book until you have... It's not meant to be read as a stand-alone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...