Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: Slave by Sherri Hayes

OMG! Poor Brianna. The entire time I was reading this book, I kept thinking the same things, OMG! OMG! How did she survive this? Then I went to “Thank God for Stephan!”

As I read more and more of the story I was horrified by all the things this young girl had suffered. At eighteen years old, she should be innocent, naïve and about to embark on the greatest adventure of all….life.  Instead she’s recovering from just surviving being the unwilling slave to one sick puppy. I have other choice names for that sadistic SOB but I’m not sure they’re appropriate for a book review!

As each new horror that Brianna had suffered came to light I felt more and and more horrified for her. Then in the next instant I would feel profound pride at her bravery and strength to survive whatever came her way with Stephan. I’m not sure I would have been able to survive what she did.

I think this is the first BDSM book I’ve read where there was absolutely no sex between the Dom and sub. I really like that about this book. It goes to show the protective and caring part of a D/s relationship and that not everything is about sex. I like that Stephan admits that he wants Brianna but that she must ask for it and come to him willingly when SHE’s ready. She hasn’t learned that she actually has the power in this relationship. She is so broken and damaged by what has happened to her that it’s heartbreaking. She should be taking life by the horns and taking charge of her life. Instead, she’s being pieced back together by an amazing man.

When I reached the end of the book, I couldn’t believe it! While it was an appropriate place to end the book, I wasn’t ready! I wanted more! I know there is a second book, Need (Finding Anna #2), that is coming out shortly, but I wanted those answers NOW, not later. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not a patient woman!

There are several questions that I still need answered. Why did Tami (Stephan’s last sub) tell Stephan’s uncle about his lifestyle? Why did her dad do what he did? Why does Brad call her Anna instead of Brianna? How did Brianna’s dad fall into Ian’s circle of influence?

I’ll definitely read Need. I have to know what happens to Brianna and Stephan. I have know to about Stephan’s sub Tami and why she told. I have to know more!

2 comments:

Maria D. said...

Good review! This sounds like an interesting take on the BDSM lifestyle

Kelly said...

Great review! Sounds very unique. I might go ahead and read this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...