Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn

To sum it up: Candace Andrews has had enough of pleasing others. In an act of birthday rebellion, she sets out to please herself, by walking into the tattoo parlor owned by her cousin’s ex-boyfriend. All she wants is a little ink, and Brian’s just the guy to give it to her. As soon as she submits to his masterful hands, though, the forbidden attraction she’s always felt for him resurfaces... and she realizes the devilishly sexy artist could give her so much more. Sweet and innocent Candace is the last person Brian expected to see again. She’s everything he’s not, and her family despises him. He doesn’t need the hassle, but he needs her, and this time no one is taking her away. Not even those who threaten to make his life a living hell...

Words.
Can.
Not.
Even.
Describe.


...this book was completely flawless. I loved every single second of it- I never found myself getting bored, wishing a scene turned out differently, or getting frustrated with the characters- it was just that good! As a matter of fact, it isn't usual for me to be completely enthralled from the very first page, but this book just did me in. I told myself that this wasn't going to be a "how much I love Brian" review... but... did I mention, how much I love Brian? I mean, LADIES. The man is utter perfection. Complete deliciousness. And yes, I have to just come out and say it... I think he's probably my favorite hero to date- there's just absolutely no comparison when it comes to him. He's the quintessential black sheep of the family- all tatted up, covered in piercings in places that make even me blush, tan... sexy...puuurrrfect... he takes great pride in his artistic abilities, and very few people take the time to look beneath his bad boy exterior to see a man well worth taking the time to know.

And Candace... I have to say, I just absolutely loved her. I will admit though, I was a bit disappointed a few times towards the end, with how Candace waffled back and forth between strength and insecurity, but I was able to understand her issues, and Brian more than made up for all of her confusion, and helped them both to find their happily ever after. She's honestly, probably a new favorite heroine of mine, and as I'm sure you all know... a good heroine is hard to come by. ...I just love her sweet and innocence- and if you don't know me already, I'm a sucker for the theme revolving around the bad boy who falls for the good girl...*sigh* ...it's pretty rare for me to find a book, where I wake up in the morning totally excited to turn on my kindle and pick up right back where I left off the night before- but Rock Me had me intrigued from start to finish. This is a book where the characters and the story stays with you long after finishing. ...and did I mention it has some of the steamiest scenes? *fanning myself* ...now, I'm not one that finds it necessary to have tons of sex scenes throughout the entire novel- they start to feel like a constant filler, and I usually tend to become a bit bored- but not even once, did I want to hurry any love-making scene between Brian and Candace. It was just so... well... hot! (Let's be honest, the man doesn't lack skills in the bedroom, that's for sure.)

This is my first book by Cherrie Lynn, and it will most definitely not be my last- she just breathes sensuality and life into her characters. Everything about this story was just so well developed, and nothing about the characters felt two-dimensional. There were many times when I even laughed out loud at some of the dialogue between the characters... the conversations, characters, and everything about the book just felt so real. The plot flowed quickly and kept my attention from the first page to the last. This is definitely now added to my "favorites" shelf, and a keeper forever! :) I could go on and on when writing this review, but I think all of you catch my drift... Rock Me freaking Rocked. My. World.

 

6 comments:

Lee Anne said...

This just got bumped up on my TBR list!

Alyssa said...

Lee Anne, it's AMAZING! Definitely do yourself a favor and read it! =)

Maria D. said...

Good review! I have this book but haven't had a chance to read it...bumping it up the list!

Nikki said...

Because I REALLY needed a new addition to the ever growing TBR pile, I bought this book! Lol. Great review

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great review. This is somewhat of a new genre for me, so it is great to discover something that looks so promising.

Alyssa said...

Thanks so much everyone! Seriously, I wouldn't steer you guys the wrong way intentionally! I'm not exaggerating when I say this is one of the BEST books I've ever read and an absolute favorite of mine! I can't wait for you all to get started on it, and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did! Just remember: BRIAN IS MINE! Hehe! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...