Monday, April 20, 2015

Review: Gods & Monsters By Jani Kay

I never look in a mirror. I don’t need to. If I want to see what I look like, I just look at my twin. Daemon and I are identical in every way — from the outside. That’s where it ends. 

Born five minutes after me, my brother hates that he came second. It irks him that I breathed life into my lungs first. Ever since he’s been trying to steal everything I have. Everything I love. 
To own it first. 

Until the day I, Cobra Malone, become president of the Scorpio Stinger MC. I throw him out like the garbage he is. Rotten filth won’t be able to taunt me any longer. 
How wrong I am.

Evil knows no barriers. It stops at nothing. It won’t rest until it gets what it wants. And he wants what is mine. MINE. He wants my woman. My air. My reason for living. 
I’ll die before I let him take Mia from me. 

Will this be a battle to the end? Till the last man is left standing?
When two wills this strong clash, there will be chaos . . . and blood.
Who will win? The God or The Monster?



From the very first book in this series I was really wanting Mia and Cobra’s story because you could just tell that their relationship was strong even when it may have seemed weak.  I know that may not make sense but if you have read the rest of the series I think you will be able to understand what I meant by that without giving anything away.  When I found out about Gods & Monsters I jumped at the opportunity to sign up for the tour because I had a feeling this was going to be a damn good book, and it was and so much more.

I love how we get to see Mia and Cobra’s relationship from the beginning, how they from the very first touch were connected even when it was so wrong because of Mia’s age. We also get to see Cobra and Daemon’s relationship, how they acted towards each other and you can see why Cobra and Ryder hated him as much as they did. Mia and Cobra were the other half of each’s souls and you can see that as their relationship progresses and how they want to protect each other from pain. 

I knew deep down that this story was going to be emotional and at times possible harder to read than the rest because of Daemon’s involvement but what I honestly didn’t expect was to be wanting more of Daemon’s POV.  If Jani Kay were to write a book on Daemon alone I would read it because you know to understand the monster inside of him you need to understand his thoughts, why he was the way he was.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to read this series yet, please make time because you won’t be disappointed I guarantee you that.  Jani Kay has drawn me into the Scorpio Stingers MC world and I want more of these bikers right now.
Amazon AUS: http://bit.ly/1DXQqEC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...