Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: Pole Dance by J.A. Hornbuckle


Maybe I've been going about this the wrong way. I've taken pole dance classes. They're fun and can be sexy when it's done right cause if you're doing it wrong it can be funny. I've done sexy and funny but the point is just let yourself go and have a good time. I should just walk into a strip club, make sure the owner is a hottie, grab his hand, walk towards a pole, have him take a seat and just start performing my ass off and see if he falls in lurve with me. Couldn't hurt right? Anywho...

When I first started reading this book, Tina Turner's Private dancer came into mind. I was swaying while reading this and singing out loud at certain times.

I'm your private dancer, a dancer for money
I'll do what you want me to do
I'm your private dancer, a dancer for money
Any old music will do
(Moby's Porcelain)


Caitlin is an orphaned 20 year who needs money ASAP. She decides to apply for a stripper with no experience except for what she learned on Youtube. She's being interviewed by Jake, the owner of Fuego Club, a strip joint. She tells him her life story on how she lost her family, the many jobs she has just to make ends meet and so on. He tells her that she is not what they're looking for and in a panic she asks to perform for him. He agrees. She sees a pole in the corner of his office. She's extremely nervous, almost an innocent while she's dancing for him. After her erotic performance (and I will admit it kinda turned me on), he asks to see her naked. This makes her more nervous but she does and before she can go any further she tells him that this isn't what she wants and leaves immediately. Unbeknownst to Caitlin, Jake fell in love with her. See, Jake is a reformed manwhore bad boy, thanks in part to a talk with his brother, Frank. Jake sees the beauty that Caitlin is, the innocence that pours off of her and he wants the good she can bring to his life.

Jake pursues her with the attention she needs. Either it's a hug, a kiss on the forehead, calling her Darling or helping with her financial situation. I loved their relationship. She didn't put up with his ways and she infuriated him with her naiveté. What I also loved was how he brought out her sexual nature. You can't deny that they didn't have hot sexual chemistry. Jake adores, protects, and comforts his Caitlin. He's not afraid to show his emotions either with his words, touches or tears. He's truthful about his past and what was a nice change was that he didn't drive a Lexus, BMW or and Audi. He drove a fucking Kia. A Kia!

Like a boss.

The title of the book is just how Jake and Caitlin met, with the performance she did for him on the pole. The story doesn't really deal with the drama of the club except for a psycho that is part of the story. Other side characters are introduced and you know that they will get their stories. The only beef I had was that the author used the term pink parts to describe her vagina too much. Other than that, I really enjoyed the story and I will definitely be reading more of this author’s work.


 Find it on GoodReads!


2 comments:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the honest review

Erika said...

thanks for the review, i'll add the book to my to read list ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...