Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review: Pucked By Helena Hunting

With a famous NHL player for a step-brother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation many hockey stars come with. She’s smart enough to steer clear of those hot, well-built boys with unparalleled stamina. That is until she meets the legendary team captain—Alex Waters.

Violet isn’t interested in his pretty, beat-up face, or his rock-hard six-pack abs. But when Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s previous misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes more than just a hot body with a face to match.

In what can only be considered a complete lapse in judgment, Violet finds out just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. But what starts out as a one-night stand, quickly turns into something more. Post-night of orgasmic magic, Alex starts to call, and text, and e-mail and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts, making him difficult to ignore, and even more difficult not to like.

The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn’t want to be part of the game.
I never like to compare one author to another, because sometimes I worry that they may not like that happening to them or because sadly some people will take things out of context and start trouble.  But this time, I have to compare Helena Hunting to Tara Sivec and I promise it is in a great way.  If you are a fan of Tara Sivec and love her outrageous and sometimes inappropriate humor then you will love Pucked by Helena Hunting in my opinion.  I haven’t laughed that hard, waking up my husband while he was sleeping, since my last Tara Sivec book.  I couldn’t breathe at times I was laughing that hard, I constantly had tears in my eyes, good ones of course, and I think I still giggle inappropriately if I see or hear the word beaver.  If anyone is reading this in Michigan and know what exit 69 on I-75 is named you will appreciate my snorting anytime I see it.

If you have a stick up your ass or think that people joking about beavers and monster cocks is inappropriate or not funny then Pucked isn’t for you.  If you can’t find humor in sending gift cards to ones boobs, then Pucked isn’t for you.  If you just can’t let go and laugh, because let’s be honest here people this book is one of the funniest books I have EVER read, then Pucked probably isn’t for you.  However, if you are like me and giggle at things that are completely inappropriate and have no shame doing so then Pucked is for you.  If you are not easily offended and have a sense of humor then Pucked is for you.  If you are wondering what all these beaver comments are about then check out Pucked and be prepared to laugh your ass off for days later when someone mentions beavers.


Helena Hunting I can’t wait to see what else you have planned for us readers who can appreciate one’s beaver and can quickly figure out what jilling off means.  I hope that comparing you to one of my other favorite authors was taken as the compliment it was intended because you ma’am are right up there with the master of inappropriate.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...