Friday, May 15, 2015

Review: Stealing Harper By Molly McAdams

This is Chase's POV from Taking Chances.

Chase Grayson has never been interested in having a relationship that lasts longer than it takes for him and his date to get dressed again. But then he stumbles into a gray-eyed girl whose innocence pours off her, and everything changes. From the minute Harper opens her mouth to let him know just how much he disgusts her, he's hooked.

But a princess deserves a Prince Charming who can make her dreams come true. Not a guy who can turn her life into a nightmare.

All good intentions go out the window when Harper starts to fall for the guy Chase has come to view as a brother. He wanted to protect her by keeping her away, but he can't stand to see her with anyone else, and he'll do anything to make her his. But when it comes down to Harper choosing between the two, will Chase have the strength to step back from the girl who has become his whole world if it means she's happy?

Lines will be crossed. Friendships will be put to the test. And hearts will be shattered.

CAUTION: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ TAKING CHANCES
If you read my review of Taking Chances or hell even if you had any contact with me for about a week after reading it you know, you know how much that book DESTROYED me.  I cried for days, I cried while writing my review, I cried so much my eyes stayed red.  I cursed my book bestie Gabrielle for having me read the book while at the same time loving her for bullying me into reading it.   I wanted to send Molly McAdams a bill for therapy and tissues.  I wanted to have Chase for myself.

So I am sure you are all asking yourselves why in the hell did you read Stealing Harper Janna when you knew what would happen and how upset you were before.  I will tell you why.  I needed Chase’s POV, I needed to see inside his mind and heart to see if all the love I had for him in Taking Chances would be the same in Stealing Harper. I can safely say that no my love for Chase isn’t the same, it is more intense.  I love him even more after reading his POV.

Chase knew he had screwed up when he pushed Harper into Brandon’s life, but he never expected for it to destroy him as much as it did just seeing her with his best friend.  He fought the attraction, he tried to just be friends, but when you are so deeply in love with someone staying away isn’t always easy.  He broke my heart more than once because he just wanted Harper to take a chance on him so he could prove that she was his one and only once and for all.  When we read the events leading up to the end of the book, you feel the anxiety forming because you know what is about to happen and you can’t stop it no matter how hard you wish the words you are about to read weren’t true.  Awe hell I have tears in my eyes again just thinking about it.

Now I am taking a text that I had with my book bestie and this should kind of hint at what I feel for Harper, I wasn’t a huge fan of her in Taking Chances but in Stealing Harper she made me hate her for how much pain she put Chase through.  Okay so here is what I said “I want to do a combo vag kick throat punch bitch slap to Harper”.  Yep that basically sums up how I feel.

I have cried before with books, I am an emotional person so I feel harder than some people might.  Taking Chances and Stealing Harper are books I will never forget.  They will hold a special place in my heart because they made me feel so many emotions so deeply that they imprinted into my heart and soul.  I am looking forward to reading Trusting Liam because I just know that it will be just as amazing as the first two books.  Molly McAdams you have shredded my heart, caused me to go through boxes, yes boxes of tissues, and you have a way to make something that is so painful still be beautiful and moving to your readers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...