Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review: #Selfie By Cambria Hebert

It’s all about the #Selfie.

She was the one girl I never wanted.

Until I had her.

One night.

One mistake.

Something we both wanted to forget.

I got rid of the proof. The one piece of evidence that could remind us both.

At least, I thought I did.

When it shows up on the school Buzzfeed, rumors fly. Friendships are tested and the feels get real.

I don’t do relationships. I don’t open my heart.

Especially for a girl everyone knows I hate.

What happens during spring break, stays in spring break.

Until it follows you home.
If you have read this series from the start, then you know that Braeden and Ivy are like oil and water, cats and dogs, in other words these two don’t mix.  There is a very fine line between love and hate and that line can sometimes become invisible when the chemistry between two people is so explosive that you can’t wait to see what sparks will fly when they ignite. 

Braeden is a no strings attached, doesn’t do relationships, only having a good time type of guy.  He isn’t an ass about it, he is straight forward.  He doesn’t do the feels.  He is a great friend to not only Romeo but is more like a big brother to Rimmel, so when he lets someone in, the women he sleeps with as an exception, then you are there for life with him.  There is a reason why he doesn’t want a relationship and it in a way is a very valid one, but at the same time I hated the reason why.  He thinks Ivy is a high maintenance bitch and makes it well known that he hates her, or does he?  I loved Braeden.  I love his loyalty, his sense of humor and I loved how protective he is of those he cares about.

Ivy is trying to change.  After an incident that leaves her with nightmares she is determined not to be the old good time Ivy.  Her friend got hurt because of her actions and that is something she lives with every single day.  She hates Braeden just as much as he does her, but when they are on spring break she starts to see him in a new light.  But, her other best friend had a thing for Braeden and she doesn’t want to hurt her, but sometimes  shit happens and your best intentions are thrown out the window.  Ivy actually surprised me.  She wasn’t my most favorite character in the first three books but I think deep down I knew we would find out the real Ivy as time went on and we did.  Sadly though she gets beat down emotionally and I felt so bad for her when certain truths came out.

There are some seriously shocking moments in #Selfie.  Some that I didn’t see coming up until it was revealed.  Remember #Buzzboss?  Remember all the shit #Buzzboss started in Rimmel and Romeo’s relationship?  Well it goes to a whole new level for Braeden and Ivy and you will be absolutely shocked when you find out the truth behind the hashtag.  Let’s just say that if I could give #buzzboss their own hashtag it would be #pieceofshitloserassholespinlessbitchwhoneedstobebitchedslappedwithabat.  Yeah that’s a long one isn’t it lol.


Cambria Hebert has written a series that I just can’t get enough of.  I have loved each and every book and I am already looking forward to whatever she may have for us next.  And in honor of the series and its name here are my hashtags for the #Hashtag series: #greatseries #mustread #fanforlife #lovedit  #wantmore #itsallabouttheselfiebaby 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...