Friday, May 8, 2015

Review: Going Viral By Amelie Stephens

Meet Abbie, cubicle dweller by day, blogger by night. Acting as her online diary, the blog feature a no-holds-barred, true life, gritty account of her sometimes funny, sometimes painful, often dirty love life. Oh, and she doesn't always change the names to protect the innocent.

After a date with coworker, Toby, she has a new reason to hate Mondays. When the post goes viral, Toby seeks revenge and enlists the help of his buddy Parker to do it. Both guys soon realize when she isn't bad -mouthing men, she's pretty likable, maybe even lovable. All may be fair in love and war, but what happens next will rock the internet and her world.



I don’t know about all of you, but I know I have done some stupid shit when I have been drunk.  I have drunk text, drunk dialed and drunk Facebooked but I have never drunk blogged.  Thank the Lord for that one because could you imagine what I would write?  I don’t want to even want to think about the trouble I could stir up with that one.  Having someone else do it though, that is some funny shit right there.  That is exactly what happens when Abbie comes home after a bad date with Toby, who just happens to work in the same office as her.  Let me just say, I was feeling sorry for poor Toby myself, well after I stopped laughing at Abbie’s blog post. 

Toby really like Abbie and was pissed when he read the blog and decided that she needed to pay.  He plots with his best friend and roommate Parker to break her heart.  Can you just picture in your head how bad this can turn out?  The saddest thing is, is that Abbie really does like Toby and tries to make things right but only ends up making Toby hate her more.

Going Viral is the first part of a serial.  It is a quick, funny, and sort of a PSA about not blogging while drinking.  I immediately went out and bought the second installment because it really is addicting.  I don’t know how many parts to this serial there will be but I want the rest right this very second.  Don’t let the fact that this is a serial keep you from reading it because it doesn’t feel like one when you are reading.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...