Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tempt Me Tonight by Toni Blake



Amazon link-Tempt Me Tonight
5 Stars!

I can't even begin to say how much I enjoyed this book.....to the 1000th power! I have always been a sucker for a sappy romance novel but when the H/h rekindle their love for each other, well, nothing gets better than that for me! This book made my heartache, but in a good way. I normally don't ever read stand alone novels; I like the story to continue. This was my first and even though I LOVED every minute of it I still didn't want it to end.

Trish and Joe are high school sweethearts. The have known each other since grade school and started dating once they were older. One the eve of Trish leaving for College, they made a promise to loose their virginity to each other but Trish backs out at the last minute saying that it wasn't the right time. Trish figures since they've been together this long then they can wait a little longer. The next morning, Trish's best friend, Debbie, comes to say good-bye but also delivers some devastating news.

14 years later.

Trish is now an attorney. Her parents need her legal help to sell the family diner so she heads back home after all those years. Once there, she walks into the small town bar, Last Chance, with Debbie. Almost immediately Trish and Joe lock eyes with each other and the flames start to slowly reignite. They fight their love for each other through out the novel, but in the end they face the facts and realize that even though they both made mistakes, they don't want to spend another day apart.

I loved this book so much. Words can not express how much I loved it. There are so many small gestures made through out this novel that make it so much more. The name Joe calls Trish when he sees her....when he says, Aw baby....that just made my heart melt. How Joe took responsibility and helped raise another woman's child knowing that it wasn't his....Trish's love for cats....I could go on and on. This is definitely going in my favorites and I am so glad it was recommended to me. I am now a huge fan of Toni Blake.


5 comments:

The_Book_Queen said...

I've never read any books by this author (never even heard of this book before now) but I might just have to put it on my list! :)

I love when a book comes highly recommended, and espeically since you gave reasons to back up your recommendation--well, it makes it more likely for me to add it to my list! :)

Enjoy,
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace

Taryn @MySecretRomance said...

I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :) This author has many other books out that I hear are very good also. I have a few of them but I haven't gotten to read them yet. One day....

Dawn said...

This was the first book I read by Toni Blake, found it at Half Price books and FELL IN LOVE with her writing. I've read everything she's put out since =)

BlebeTanja said...

I didn't care for the book, it did nothing to me. If I'm quite frank I was bored out of my mind while reading.
But I'm glad you did like it.

Taryn @MySecretRomance said...

LOL Papercutsie! That's ok..we can't all like the same books. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...