Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Show No Mercy by Cindy Gerard



3.5 Stars
Amazon link- Show No Mercy

I want to start off by saying that I did enjoy this book. The suspense is great, the romance is good, although I do like a little more in my books. and the characters were easy to connect to.....but I was so lost.

The only problem I had was that even though this is the first book in the Black Ops series, it's really not....you have to read the last book in the Bodyguard series Into the Dark to be able to follow what's going on. I was so confused. I had no clue how Jenna and Gabe met. I kept going back to the beginning of the book trying find where they met and it was no where to be found. At one point I thought I was losing it! I didn't know why Jenna was held captive or how Nate and Juilana met. I didn't know any of the smart comments Jenna had made to Gabe to why he would call her hotshot. It was very frustrating. I was under the impression that this was a separate series when it is actually a spin-off series and you really need to read the other books to know this one. Thank goodness a friend who had already read it explained it to me. I was about 120 pages in when I thought that if I started it over it would make sense and but she explained it to me just in time. So, with that being said, I would highly recommend you read the Bodyguard series before starting the Black Ops series. I only started this book because I was waiting for the rest of the Bodyguard books to come in the mail, figuring it be ok since it is a different series. Nope.

I will say that I do like Cindy's writing a lot and I will be reading more of her books...but I will be making sure I have the order correct next time.

1 comment:

The_Book_Queen said...

Ah, isn't it horrible when a book could be much better if only we read the series in order? I've done it far too many times to name... I keep saying I won't do it again, but... Well, either I get too anxious to start a book or I don't realize until it is too late that it's not book 1. *SIGH*

I've got this series, as well as her other ones, on my list, and I hope to read them soon. In order though, if it is the last thing I do! :)

Enjoy,
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...