Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: Frisk Me By Lauren Layne

Officer Luc Moretti had no idea that his dive into the East River would have him drowning in a media frenzy. No matter how many times he tells reporters he was just doing his job, they're determined to make him into NYC's newest hero. Coming from a long line of NYPD's finest, Luc knows that being a cop has nothing to do with headlines and viral videos, and he's more than ready to get back to life away from the cameras—until he meets the gorgeous but jaded journalist assigned to film a TV special on him.

Ava Sims may be the only woman in NYC who isn't in love with Officer Moretti. That's why she's going after the real story—to find out about the man behind the badge. Ava's determined to keep things strictly professional, but the more time she spends around Luc, even she has to admit there's something about a man in uniform . . . and she can't wait to get him out of his.




When a cop saves someone’s life, they aren’t doing it for fame or for money.  They are doing it because that is their job but also because they protect people.  When Luc is recorded saving a little girls life, it turns his personal life into a media circus.  He hates all the added attention on himself because deep inside he doesn’t feel like a hero, but for other reasons that will make you want to just grab a hold of him and hold him tight.  Luc was funny, sweet, sexy and overall a really good guy.  I loved his character.  He loves being a cop and is from a family of cops so it’s not just a career for him it is in his blood. 

Ava is a journalist with a serious chip on her shoulder, especially when it comes to the cop who wrote her a parking ticket a couple years prior.  In her ambition to get to the top, or wait is it her family’s ambition and not her own, she could end up hurting Luc and herself.  I will be honest for the first 2/3 of the book I hated Ava, there was absolutely no reason for her to act like an entitled bitch towards Luc when she in reality isn’t like that.  She really got on my nerves more than once and I almost set the book down because of her. Slowly she got on my good side, now I still don’t love her but I like her.

Frisk Me did take me a little while to get into, it started off slow for me but once I was in it I wanted more Luc.  It is funny, sweet and makes you stop and think could you hurt the person who may be the one in your heart just to get ahead or to get a position you have been waiting for.  I am looking forward to reading about Luc’s brothers and possibly his partner as well because I have a feeling the cops won’t be the only ones doing the frisking if you know what I mean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...