Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review:Kevlar To My Vest By: Lani Lynn Vale (The Heroes Of Dixie Warden MC #3)

You’re the Kevlar…

Behind the badge and the pretty face was a heart. A heart that bled just like the rest. A heart that was so in love with Viddy Sheffield that it was humiliating. Trance had been burned before by a woman that couldn’t handle the fact that he risked his life each and every time he went on shift. She was too vulnerable; somehow he had to convince his heart to let her go. His life would chew her up and spit her out.

To My…

Viddy couldn’t get the man out of her head. Just the thought of Trance put a smile on her face. And when he walked into the same room? Words couldn’t explain. God help her, but she was even in a relationship with another man. She shouldn’t be thinking about the sexy biker with the voice that made shivers dance down her spine.

Vest…

Then the unthinkable happens, and the sexy cop she can’t stop thinking about is there for her, giving her what she never knew she needed. One moment in time, and she finds herself falling for the man, lock, stock, and barrel. The two of them have a lot of work to do to make this relationship succeed. What they didn’t know, however, was that there were people behind the scenes that were working to keep them apart. Sometimes the saying is true. You can’t always have what you want.


I really should just make this review short and sweet and say, Kevlar To My Vest is hilarious, sweet, and will make you believe that heroes are not only 2 legged but 4 legged as well, but if that was all I wrote you wouldn’t have any idea why I once again loved a book in this series. 

This time we have Trance and Viddy.  Trance is a K-9 officer, hence the 4 legged hero comment above, who has wanted Viddy since he first rescues her on the side of the road in the previous book.  Viddy is blind, but that doesn’t stop her from being a spitfire hell on wheels and Trance is hooked.  Trance is a bad ass K-9 officer, who also has a heart of gold.  He needs Viddy in his life, because while she worries about him and his job, she doesn’t nag him about it either.

Viddy may be blind, but that doesn’t stop her, nope, not one bit.  She is independent as they come and doesn’t want anyone to make a big deal about her loss of vision.  She also has wanted Trance but didn’t think he would want someone like her, but once both of their eyes are opened, you can feel the love that these two have for each other.  I didn’t have to worry about a weak heroine with her, nope even when she does have a breakdown she is anything but weak. 

Now I should probably state this because while I laughed so hard about Trance’s fear of flying that I woke up my 15 month old son, that unless I explained why it was so hilarious to me,  you would probably think I am insane.  My husband when he was in the Air Force (Trance was too), he was Security Forces (same as Trance), and was terrified to fly (just like Trance), I just kept picturing this certain scene in my head and even now I am giggling because I swear she based that off of my husband.  So for me at least I was able to really connect with this story because it reminded me of something personal in my life.  And trust me that one scene wasn’t the only funny part of the book, the entire thing will make you laugh, snicker, and possibly snort  while you are reading.


I feel like I am a broken record when it comes to stating how much I am loving these books, but I can’t help it.  It’s been a while since I have connected and been addicted to a series so quickly that I want everyone to give it a chance and see why I am recommending it to everyone.   I have been able to in some way connect with all of the characters, both male and female, whether it be because of a memory like the one I stated above, an attitude that reminds me of me and some of my friends or just the overall feeling that each book has left me with are the reasons why I love this series as much as I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...