Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: Halligan To My Axe By: Lani Lynn Vale (The Heroes of Dixie Wardens MC #2)

You’re the Halligan...

Kettle had it all. Until he didn't.
He lost it all in a moment. One heart stopping, soul shattering moment, and there wasn't a single thing he could do about it.
From that day forward, he stayed away from relationships.
Then he responded to a possible fire and there she was, rocking his world when he didn't want it to be rocked.

To My...
Adeline was just a schoolteacher. She lived a boring life.
Until she stole something.
And it didn't have anything to do with the sexy firefighter’s heart.
Oh, she stole that, too, even if he didn't want it to be stolen.

Axe...
Kettle didn't realize just what kind of trouble Adeline was in until it nearly ripped her from his life.
There was no way anything was taking that away from him. 
Not again.
One man was about to see up close and personal what fury looked like on the face of The Dixie Wardens MC’s enforcer.


You know how sometimes the first book in a series can be amazing but the next book just doesn’t live up to the first?  Well, that sure as hell isn’t the case because in my opinion, Halligan To My Axe, was even better than Lights To My Siren.  I laughed more, I cheered more for both Kettle and Adeline, I was wetter thanks to Kettle and his hose (yeah for this series the horrible puns are just going to happen, I can’t help it).

I knew I would love Kettle just because of his reaction to one of Adeline’s umm pets.  I fell in love with him even more after I learned about his past, and when he messes up and hurts Adeline, it was how fast he knows that he messed up that makes me forgive him and love him even more.  I honestly had tears in my eyes about Kettle’s past and when he suffers another horrible event my heart broke for him.

Adeline and her twin sister had me cracking up because if I closed my eyes I could picture these two not only picking on each other but on others as well.  Adeline has a huge heart, not just for her sister but for Kettle and his MC family as well.


I honestly can’t get enough of these men.  Firemen are some of the bravest of the brave and my respect for them is sky high so it was a given that I would love Kettle.  Okay I am just a sucker for a man who overall is a great guy, who knows when he makes a mistake and will protect his woman with every breathe he takes.  This series has become one of my favorites and it is because these books are just heart warming, they make you feel good with a side of sexy man, are hilarious and leave you with a smile on your face when you are finished.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...