Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Review: Cartel By: Lili St. Germain

The first full length Gypsy Brothers novel from the smash hit author Lili St. Germain.

How much is a life worth?

I grew up in Colombia, the daughter of a wealthy drug lord. I lived a life of extravagance, until one day a drug run went horribly wrong and everything came crashing down around us.

I was given away. A payment for a debt. The Gypsy Brothers Motorcycle Club became my new owners, and I did everything I could to survive.
But falling in love with the man who owned me wasn't part of the plan...

If you have read the Gypsy Brother series by Lili St. Germain you know who Dornan Ross is and the evil that he is capable of.  You have heard of Mariana and had a glimpse of her past but in Cartel we learn how she became a part of Dornan’s life and how while their relationship is toxic and destructive, in a sick and twisted way  they are perfect for one another.  If you haven’t read the Gypsy Brother series yet, I would before continuing.  For me I think it makes Cartel a more intense read, because even while Dornan is a sick twisted fuck, he always has been, but I think something makes him even worse, something we have yet to read but at times there is a glimpse of a heart in his body, and that right there is what has made me go from hating him to being curious as to how this will unfold.

Mariana isn’t all sweet and innocent either, and while I felt major emotion for what she has gone through so far, at the same time I keep thinking to myself the bitch is in a twisted way deserving of this.  Yeah that makes me sound like a bitch but you know what?  Oh well, that is how I felt while reading it and I am not going to apologize for how I feel.


I love Lili St. Germain’s writing.  She knows how to make the perfect recipe of twisted, dark, angsty, tear inducing, throw your kindle in frustration mix that has you addicted to her books.  I loved Cartel, and I am anxious to see what Kingpin and Empire will bring to this dark twisted world that Dornan and Mariana live in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...