Monday, February 3, 2014

Review: Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC #2) by Joanna Wylde




I've read my share of MC books. Some are pretty damn good while others are utterly ridiculous. And guess what category this one falls in...yup, the pretty damn good one. For me, I found Reaper's Legacy to be more tamer(in the characters department) than Reaper's Property. Not that it didn't have its moments but it doesn't hold a candle to the first book.

Sophie is a single mom to Noah and is trying to make it in the world. The father of her child is a dead beat and also Ruger's step brother. Ruger has taken to being the "father" to her son. Sophie and Ruger have this attraction to each other but Sophie wants nothing to due with him due to his MC lifestyle. There's this sexual chemistry between them that when they FINALLY get together is explosive.

We get more into the MC lifestyle and the drama the club and family members go thru. Old characters are back(Horse, my favorite) and new ones are introduced. And you know they will play a role in the future. There are some AHA moments and then there are some OK, how is this going to go moments. I thought I knew who Picnic's HEA could have been but that theory has been blown by Joanna herself. So shit. I don't know.

All in all, I will still pimp out this author. Keep up the fanfuckintastic work Ms. Wylde. You have a forever fan here.

Favorite lines:

The poor man was clearly desperate. I bit my tongue, looking out the passenger-side window, trying not to laugh.
"Shut up, Sophie."
"I didn't say anything."
"I heard you thinkng."

He still jacked off to those panties sometimes.

"Jesus, you piss me off," he murmed. "Good thing your cunt's so fucking hot."
"Don't call it that."
His lip twitched.
"Good thing your vagina's so gosh-darned hot," he whispered.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...