Friday, February 21, 2014

Jerk of My Dreams #34


Jerk. Asshole. Douchenozzle. Admit it- you hate to love the jerks. That alpha male character who is so arrogant and rude but sexy as hell. That foul mouthed douche bag of a man who rocks your traitorous heart. We've all read them and we've all liked them to some extent. In real life you wouldn't touch the man with a ten foot pole. But in the fictional world? Nothing can stand in the way! Everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't admit that the meaner the man, the further we run... Towards them! *sigh*

That's what this weekly meme is about- those jerky delicious men! Each Friday this meme will go up, and you can share your jerk anyway you want: review, interview, lines and quotes, giveaway of a book. However you want! Any time you comment on someones post, leave your link so that person can comment back.



Tears of Tess was nothing I expected, but everything I wanted and more. It's dark, gritty and deliciously raw.

​This story took me to another realm, one I didn't ever want to leave. I was a enthralled from the beginning, unable to put my book down for a second. Tears of Tess consumed my thoughts every minute of the day until I finished the story, and even after that I still couldn't stop thinking about it. I want to rant and rave like a lunatic about this book to everyone I know!!

This book is FUCKING AMAZING! There, I had to get it out.

Tess was a mere shell of a woman. She was willing to sacrifice her own desires and needs to satisfy those she cared for as long as she got one thing in return. She'd been thrown away and discarded as if she was worthless by her parents, so she had no ties to them. She was virtually alone in the world except for her boyfriend. All Tessa needed was to feel wanted and loved because she never had. It was really simply. She was as happy as her life would allow her to be, until everything change in the blink of an eye. Some would call it their worst nightmare, but for Tessa it was a blessing in disguise.

Tears of Tess is not for the faint of heart. For me, this is how a kidnapping theme should be written. I need a fight, a will to live so to speak, and Tessa was full of fire that raged inside her. I think that's what was so appealing too, not just a woman who gives up the moment she's taken. Tess fought hard, she never gave up even from the physical abuse she endured. Tessa was everything I look for in my heroines with this kind of theme.

Tess believed something was wrong with her because of what she yearned for sexually. She has different desires then most would deem acceptable. But this book just shows that it's okay to like what you like. That there's nothing wrong with it. I love that. Because at the end of the day, we have to be content with ourselves both inside and out, and Tessa was finally happy even under the circumstances it played out. Q showed her it was okay, but at the same time she opened up his eyes and showed him the same as well. They both need to feel accepted and wanted, and they're able to give it to each other unconditionally.

Q...*sigh* That is all. Read it for him. He's perfectly broken but all man.

​Once I finished this book, I wasn't ready to pick up the squeal just yet- I wanted to reread this book again. That's how much I loved it! I haven't had that feeling in years either. Onto the next!

I can say without a shadow of doubt, that I will be picking up every single book Pepper Winters writes.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Q was "the thing" that kept me reading this book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...