Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Review: Twisted Lies By Sedona Venez

After working her way up, Sinthia Michaels has finally hit it big in the glamorous fashion industry. Young and beautiful, she has it all—a celeb lifestyle, a gorgeous Manhattan townhouse, and a highly anticipated couture fashion line.

Core McKay, former kingpin of New York City’s organized crime, is now a wealthy and legitimate businessman. However, when Core sets his sights on a corrupt politician, his need for revenge leads him to Sin’s up-and-coming fashion empire.

Weaving together his twisted lies and dirty secrets, Core entangles Sin in his web of deceit. When the backstabbing fashion world, the vicious political arena, and the ruthless criminal underworld converge, Sin becomes trapped in the middle and struggles to fight her way out.




Twisted Lies book one is the first installment in the Twisted Lies serial.  As I have stated before I have no issue with a serial series, sometimes I just want that quick read to break up the continual cycle of long books I tend to read.  I go in knowing that there is a cliffhanger so I am not upset and I know there will be another part coming up very soon.  Twisted Lies was no different for me.  It gave just enough information and background that you are still left wondering what truths are hidden and what lies will be twisted to give the liar the upper hand.   

I am intrigued by Core and his need to get to an enemy by using Sin and her business to his gain.  Sin also has me on edge because of her attitude, temper and overall feisty take no shit attitude.  I loved that about her. I also have a feeling that Core is going to surprise us more than once while this plays out.  There is nothing good that can come out of these games and lies, or could there be?  I for one am anxious to see what will happen next.

Overall, Twisted Lies was a good start for the serial.  I do wish we would have had a bigger glimpse of the time lapse for Sin but that may be addressed in the next installment so I will be looking for that.  I have high hopes that Core is going to be one hell of a bad boy who will have us wanting to submit to his commands. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...