Monday, June 29, 2015

Review: Flagger By Laramie Briscoe

Fast Cars
Quarter-miles
Broken homes
Vulnerable hearts

Cash Montgomery likes fast cars, fast women, and living his life only as far as he can see with his own two eyes. There are very few people in his life who he answers to. One of them being his little brother Remington (Remy).

When Cash and Remy are forced to make a life-changing decision they no longer have a place to live, no idea where their next meal is going to come from, or any prospects as to how they will make it. They need help.

That help comes in the form of the Heaven Hill MC and Harper Stillwell.

Harper Stillwell comes with her own set of problems, but when she and Cash Montgomery meet, sparks fly.

None of them know what they’re doing, where they will end up, or how they’ll get there. The only thing they know is that the race for their lives is only beginning—the flag is waving—and they have to hang on for the ride.
While Flagger is a separate trilogy from the Heaven Hill MC series and it can be read as a standalone; I recommend that you take the time to read the other series if not first then shortly afterwards because there is a cross over that may make you understand who is who a little bit better.  That being said, it is only my personal suggestion.  I have read the entire Heaven Hill series so far so I knew who certain people were prior to beginning Flagger.  Let’s get down to business now shall we? 

Flagger is the first book in the Red Bird Trail trilogy and what a way to start!  I lately have had a thing about racing books, oh hell let’s be honest here I love to race in real life and while I may have settled down some since I had kids I still love the thrill of driving fast, knowing that you are in control of how fast you can go.  Cash Montgomery is oh so sexy, he knows he is a badass on the track and let’s face it he’s just a badass period because of how he takes care of his little brother Remy.  I would love to be in the seat next to him during a race, or even afterward, that Harper is a lucky girl.  Harper has her own issues that she is dealing with but her and Cash connect in more than a sexual way, it is almost like the fates conspired for these two to be what not only saves the other but to show what real love is. 

Laramie Briscoe is an author that I started reading by chance but continue to read because I know I will get a great book out of her; one that will have me going back for seconds, thirds, fourths, oh hell will have me going back to read whatever it is she plans to write because she has cemented me as a fan for life.  Like I said you don’t have to read the Heaven Hill series first, but if you want a little more background on the characters and get some glimpses of Cash himself in those books I think you will see why I keep coming back for more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...