Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Review Tour: Snow Boy By Kay Manis


Geneva Barton was a bitch—until the threat of criminal charges forced her to confront the demons from her past. Two years later she’s worked hard to overcome her vindictive ways. Everyone has given her a second chance. But does she deserve it?

Maybe a gorgeous stranger on a tropical island, 4,000 miles from home will help her find out.

After suffering heart-breaking loss, Berk Rigby has left his career as a professional snowboarder and returned to his native island home in Kauai, Hawaii. The last thing he deserves is absolution. But when a beautiful guest at his family’s resort forces him to confront his past, he’s suddenly thinking about a future again. A future with her. But does he deserve it?

A chance encounter.

A leap of faith.

A vacation that will last a lifetime.

I’ll be honest when I saw that this book was about Geneva, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to see if I could love her after what she did in Skater Boy and My Skater Boy.  I admit I hold grudges against fictional characters, yep I sure do.  Is it the most mature thing to do? Not even close but hey I am who I am and I am not ashamed of it.  And while most readers would have forgiven her after Moto Boy and My Moto Boy I wanted to see for myself if she was worthy of my forgiveness. 
Now without giving anything away because I hope you all will go read all of these books if you haven’t yet; I can say that unless she does something to anger me in the next book, My Snow Boy, Geneva has earned not only my forgiveness but my love as well.  Oh I guess I should explain what I meant by that last statement.  Each couple has two books, so Geneva and Berk’s story will be completed in My Snow Boy which comes out in a couple of months, so not a very long wait, and if my impatient ass can handle that then I think all of you will as well.

What I love most about this series is that it is about X-Treme sports, I love seeing the X-Games on T.V. so I knew when I started this series that I would quickly become a fan.  Plus there are very few if any books about these sports and I love reading a new twist in the sports genre.  Added bonus is that these guys are sexy as hell and have you wishing you were their significant other because these guys know how to heat up the sheets.

Make sure you have read the previous books before starting Snow Boy because not only will you understand Geneva’s past and my previous hatred of her but also because the previous couples make appearances in the book.  Kay Manis I am impatiently patiently waiting for My Snow Boy so I can see the conclusion of this story. 









Kay Manis lives in Austin, Texas with her husband, daughter and five pound Chihuahua affectionately named "Tiny." When not writing or researching you'll find Kay reading a good book, eating out with friends or napping. 

Kay's biggest goal in writing is to amuse, inspire and entertain. If she's done that for you then she says she'll always consider herself a success.











FMR Book Grind


June 23

Inner Goddess

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...