Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: Running Wild by Linda Howard and Linda Jones


I’m finding myself having a hard time writing a review for this one. I liked this book but I found it predictable. There weren't any surprises or twists to the story and I REALLY wanted some!

This story has the perfect set up! Hot alpha-male cowboy, beautiful girl who’s been terrorized but decides to take a stand, small town that takes her in like she’s one of their own, and a sizzling love affair. We even had the creepy stalker. Like I said, perfect set up for some twists and turns.

I liked Carlin. She’s a beautiful woman who’s been through hell and is on the run. She lives off the grid and does what she must to stay alive. She lucks into a job at the ranch, owned by Zeke. While at the ranch, she realizes she’s not living just surviving. This is when she decides to take a stand and not run anymore. She finally has something to live for……Zeke.

Zeke is the hot alpha-male cowboy. He takes care of those he cares about. He’s willing to live without Carlin if that means she can be free, so he decides to risk it all…..for her.

I would have liked to have seen some twists and turns in the story. The final resolution was a little too neat and tidy for me. There wasn’t much build up and tension, I like a lot more tension and build up to the final showdown.

The romance/sex scenes always started out hot but then when it started to get really good, it was glazed over. All the good and juicy bits were left out. They were pretty much a fade to black.

Overall a good story and I’m looking forward to the others in the series!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...