Thursday, December 13, 2012

Review: One Wrong Move by Shannon McKenna

One Wrong Move is an explosive romantic suspense. Shannon McKenna sucked me into a world where people have psychic powers and some use them for good and others for evil.
 
Nina Christie gets sucked into world full of intrigue, psychic powers, and hot alpha men. Fighting for her life, she must find the second does of a drug she’s been injected with. She three days to do this or she’ll die. Along the way she gets a little help from an alpha male who is more asshole than hero.
 
Alex Aaro is hiding from his family, with good reason. He gets sucked into helping Nina by one of his friends. Only Alex doesn’t want to help her, he just wants to visit his dying aunt and get out of town before his family find him.
 
Alex was an asshole to Nina every time he opened his mouth. Nina just let him be an asshole and pushed back. I really liked her. She took his assholeness as a defense mechanism and just kept at him to drop it. She was a breath of fresh air. She didn’t get mad, scream, or become weepy. She just calmly told him to stop.
 
I got frustrated with Alex at time because he remained as asshole for so long. But then, it’s part of who he is, so he couldn’t just turn it off.
 
The suspense and action in the book was never ending. It was wonderful. I found myself rapidly turning the pages to find out what happened next. It was exciting and wonderful! I found the attraction between Alex and Nina contagious and their sexy encounters fun!
 
I was quite surprised by the ending. It did not turn out the way I thought, but it was wonderful they way Ms. McKenna wrapped things up.
 
I have not read the first 6 in this series and while I felt I was missing some backstory with some of the characters, I do not feel it kept me from enjoying this book. I fully intend to go back read all of the prior 6. I’m also looking forward to the next one in this series. Ms. McKenna has already set up the storyline and I’m really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Maria D. said...

I'll have to check out this series- I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...