Thursday, November 20, 2014

Review: Where I Belong By: J. Daniels

4 Stars!

When Mia returns to Alabama after leaving nine years prior, she planned to spend the summer with her best friend Tessa.  Mia’s mother has been sick with breast cancer and makes her take a vacation and have a little fun.  Mia doesn’t want to leave her mom but knows that she is in good hands.  What she doesn’t want to do is deal with Tessa’s asshole older brother, the older brother who was cruel to her growing up and made her cry because of his cruel words.  Too bad fate can be a cruel bitch, especially when you find out that the sexy as sin, hot guy you gave your virginity to, is in fact that same brother of your best friend, you know the one you hate? 

Ben doesn’t realize that the woman who he shared his bed with the night before, that same woman who has him enthralled after their night together, the one he needs more time with, is in fact his little sister’s best friend.  The same Mia that he used to make fun of when he was younger.  The same one, who, when she finds out the truth behind her hot sexy guy from the night before, wants nothing to do with him.  Ben isn’t that same asshole he was when he was younger, he has changed and when he sees how much he hurt Mia in the past, it really does cut him to the core.  He knows that what they had may have only been one night, but deep inside he knows Mia is the only woman for him.

Where I Belong is the first book in the Alabama Summer series, and it is a sweet, sexy and fun start to a new series.  It was almost like I could feel the sexual tension between Ben and Mia in my hands as I held onto my kindle.  I loved that Mia make Ben earn her trust, that Ben was willing to prove to her that he wasn’t that same immature asshole that she remembers, but someone who deserves her love.  Mia was trying to have some fun while at the same time wondering if she made the right choice to leave her mom behind with her aunt, even though her mom was the one to force it. 


I have had this book on my kindle for a while now, and I almost forgot about it until I remembered that it was the book that I needed to read prior to another book for a review next week. (And if you can’t figure it out that book is book two in this series and as soon as I am done typing this review  because I am already hooked on this series.)  I can’t believe I waited as long as I did to read this.  I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a sweet but very sexy read about a second chance to show that people do change and that sometimes that the girl (or boy) that you are picking on (or who picks on you) when you are younger, will be the perfect match for your heart when you get older.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...