Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James


5 Stars!
Amazon link- Fifty Shades Darker

"Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy."

If those aren't the most perfect words to describe Fifty Shades Darker, I don't know what are. How can this book be even better then the first book when I though the first one was awesome? This woman is amazing, truly. Most people who know me knows I can only read so much erotica; and I very rarely read BDSM. But this author has a way to make it so sensual and beautiful and passionate, that I find myself yearning for more. A lot of times when you think of an erotic romance book, you think of sex, especially when it's a BDSM book. Well, this book is so much more than that. Don't get me wrong, the sex scenes were hot, romantic and plentiful, but there is so much more to the story than sex. I wish more erotic romance authors wrote like E L James. James is definitely a favorite author of mine.

The sensuality of this book trickles over you slowly like molasses, sticking to you, tasting so dark and sweet, and knowing that you can never truly get enough.

I don't even know where to begin with this book. We see so many new sides of Christian and you can't help but love everyone of them. We see him try and change his ways for Ana, which I have to say is a drastic change for him and very emotional at that. My heart ached so much while reading this that at a few times I found tears in my eyes. We see him transform into this man who wants nothing but to love honor and cherish Ana with every waking bone in his body. My goodness how he loves Ana so much! It's such....a very beautiful love story. We see Christian bare is dark tortured soul to Ana many times making him even more appealing.

Not only do we see Christian change, we see Ana trying to be the person she thinks he needs, but truthfully Christian just wants her just the way she is. Ana is the air Christian breathes. She realizes Christian has certain needs that he will want met, but he would never ask her of them. So she steps up and takes them into her own hands, and well, she is there for him every step of the way. Finding a happy compromise for both partners is true love, which is what they have; true love. A relationship could never thrive if both aren't willing partners.

I can see myself reading these books many many times and probably never get sick of them. I LOVED the emails!! I LOVED the auction dinner....boy was that HOT! I LOVED the boat scene at the end! Well, I LOVED the whole book! I do look forward to the emails and I hope they are in the next book as well. They were hysterical! I wish this wasn't a trilogy. I wish there would be more books, but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

Has anyone else noticed how many Audi's are on the road? I feel like they are everywhere I turn. ;)

The only problem I have with this book was that I found a lot of typos. It can be a bit of a nuisance after a while. I noticed them in the first book too, but not as much as this one.


Some of my favorite lines in this book:

"This is me, Ana. All of me...and I'm all yours. What do I have to do to make you realize that? To make you see that I want you any way I can get you. That I love you."

"There's a joy in my helplessness, joy in my surrender to him, and to know that he can lose himself in me the way he wants to. I can do this. He takes me to these dark places, places I didn't know existed, and together we fill them with blinding light. Oh yes...blazing, blinding light." -Anastasia Steele

"I don't know whether to worship at your feet or spank the living shit out of you."

"Anastasia." He answers immediately, his voice warm and caressing. How is it that this man can make me melt over the phone?
"Christian, Jack has asked me to get his lunch."
"Lazy bastard," Christian gripes.



Thank you, Amanda, for giving me this for my birthday! Honestly, how can it ever be topped?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...