Monday, September 15, 2014

ARC Review: Melancholy by Bella Jewel

Santana’s past has molded her into who she is today.  She at one time, did what she had to do to survive, even if that meant allowing herself down a path of destruction, one that brought her to her savior.  Maddox came and saved Santana, took her in, protected her.  He helped to fix the destruction her previous life had caused, but what happens when she finds out the truth about the one thing that almost destroyed her for good?

Santana at times was very stubborn and wouldn’t listen even when it meant her safety was on the line.  She survived some things that most people her age would never have been able to.  This has made her into who she is today.  Can she drive you insane with her stubborn attitude and at times overly sarcastic comments?  She sure can, but that is her way to not just hide her feelings but as a way to protect herself as well.

Maddox, oh boy, Maddox at times can make you want to just shake him and be like why in the hell would you ever do that you idiot!  He has always cared for Santana, he never looked at her as a daughter even when he was taking care of her.  He has wanted her for a long time, but like most men, he didn’t think he was good enough when in reality he was perfect for her. 

When you find out that something that could destroy everything that you were lead to believe, holy shit I wasn’t sure how things were going to go.  I was on the edge of my seat wondering what the outcome would be and praying that the worst case scenario didn’t play out.  At one point I even told my husband to hush so I could find out what was going to happen when he tried to talk to me.

Melancholy is the second book in the Jokers’ Wrath MC series, and in my opinion was one hundred times better than Precarious was.  I felt more of a connection with Santana and Maddox’s story, maybe it is because we saw bits and pieces in the previous book that the foundation was already laid out for us. 


Bella Jewel is one of my automatic buys, while I may not always love a certain book, I have liked them all.  If you weren’t sure if you wanted to continue on with this series because you weren’t a huge fan of the first book, give Melancholy a chance because for me it blows Precarious away and left me wanting more.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...