Monday, December 26, 2011

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire



 4 Stars!
Amazon link- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

 Once I finish a book, I think about it for a few days and then write my review for it. Well, I've been pondering for days now and I still haven't come up with much for it other than I liked it way more than I expected to considering it's a young adult novel, and everyone knows I don't do young adult. It is extremely rare that I will read a young adult book let alone actually like it. After reading this, it is now one of my favorite books.

The reasons why I don't read young adult books is because I went to high school once and although I really did enjoy it, I don't want to relive all the he-said-she-said crap. The story lines usually aren't strong enough for me and there's no romance in the books. Well, not the kind I like anyway. :) Yet, this book did not feel young adult to me one bit and I found myself unable to put it down. There were so many emotions running through me that I even had tears in my eyes during some parts. Honestly? This book was a total mind f*ck (for me) and the relationship is quite disturbing between the hero and heroine, but I was still captivated by this story. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Our hero, Travis is beyond obsessed with, in love with and over protected of Abby, our heroine. The love Travis has for Abby is almost too much to bare. Every time I read about Travis, I couldn't help but think of Ryan from The O.C., who was always throwing punches like Travis is in this book. Travis, like Ryan, is a bad boy.
(That's Ryan from The O.C.)


There was one thing about this book that did irritate me to no end was the nickname Travis gave Abby; Pigeon or Pidge. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Anytime I have ever thought of a pigeon, I think of black birds that excrete themselves anywhere at anytime that live around lakes and ponds. I actually felt embarrassed when Travis used that nickname for Abby. Other than that, I did enjoy this book very much.

Also, I see a lot of people saying that the song 'Beautiful Disaster by Kelly Clarkson would be perfect for this book. I beg to differ. I think the entire Adele album 21 would be way better for this book then a song that happens to have the same title as the book. Even better of a song would be 'It Will Rain' by Bruno Mars. You can feel the emotion of that song pouring over you the same way this book does did to me. I should also mention that if I had a 17 year old daughter, I would NOT want her to read this book even though it is geared toward that age. There is heavy drinking, sex (may not be graphic sex but it's clearly there) and violence. But man oh man it was so damn good! Addicting is a better word for it.

I know this isn't much of a review, it's kind of a messy jumble of words, but I am at a loss of words for this book. I simply loved it.

I love this song. I listen to it all the time.
Bruno Mars- It Will Rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-w3WfgpcGg&ob=av2e


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...