Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Saint by Tiffany Reisz

REVIEW:  THE SAINT by TIFFANY REISZ

**spoiler free review**
Whoa, this book! It flies by at warp speed. I don’t think I’ve ever burned through 488 pages so fast in my life. I really couldn’t put it down, and you won’t want to either. It may be one of the best books that I’ve read this year, and is definitely the best of this series yet!

The first chapter in this book starts out with a WHAAAAT??? Nooo! Say it ain’t so! So commence the chapter burning, page turning to figure out what the heck is going on here. This is how good it is at selling the storyline. I refused to accept what I was being told, but as the story went on, I starting thinking, crap, maybe it’s true? That is how the author reinforces the story with detailed dedication.

I can’t say enough about the development of Nora and Soren’s relationship. I really didn’t have a grasp on what drove them as a couple. I think that I thought it was driven by this attraction and lust, but seeing the playful friendship that they had for many years prior to the big act, was so satisfying. Seeing in more detail, the longing and how Nora and Soren make their way back to each other over the years, is what grabs your heart.

So the story is cruising along and I’m in my happy place, devouring every bit of Nora, and her recounting of her early days with Soren. THEN IT HAPPENED.......





 Possibly the grossest thing I’ve read! So warning on this. Tiffany Reisz is hard core and I think she likes shocking us a bit. Shock and awe aside, it is still some incredibly solid story telling. She takes a lot of historical Christianity, and weaves it into the plot, paralleling the history to her characters.

This book is also incredibly funny. Young Elenor is sarcastic and witty, and Soren’s dry humor and wise ways play perfectly against each other. Also, the allusions to future events, that we as readers are privy to, leave you snickering.

At the end of this book there will be discussion about where this series is headed. I have to say I have faith in Tiffany Reisz, and either way it will be good and she will sell me on it.

“It’s a trick of the fiction writer,” she explained. “You figure out what your main character is most afraid of, and then you make her face that fear.”

I think this is what it will all come down to in this series. Layered and complex, this is a great read that will land itself on many Best lists this year.
 AMAZON          BARNES&NOBLE

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16117368-the-saint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...