Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review and Author Interview: Push The Envelope by Rochelle Paige

Alexa has her priorities, them being school and flying.  After having her heart broken and dealing with her ex, boys are nowhere close to being on her radar.  Her best friend Aubrey forces Alexa to go out and have fun, even when she doesn’t want to.  School keeps her busy and helping her dad by piloting the with the Mile High Club flights that allow people to charter a flight to join the Mile High Club.  She even has to co-pilot a flight that asshole Drake Bennett chartered, she is insanely attracted to him but he has been an asshole to her the last two times they ran into each other.  So when Drake sets his sight on her and declares he is making her his, things get interesting for Alexa.

Drake just transferred into Blythe College and is playing for the Rugby team.  He wants Alexa for his own, and he has his work cut out for him.  She tries to resist him but he isn’t just going to give up.  He is determined to win her over and make her his.   I will give it up to Drake though, he is one sexy alpha bad boy and wasn’t going to stop in making Alexa his. He slowly works his way into her heart.

The attraction between Alexa and Drake is instant, too bad they clash like a pissed off cat and dog at first.  I loved how Alexa didn’t take Drake’s shit when he first got on the plane with her.  These two are explosive sexually when they get together, they are perfect for one another.  Where can I find a Drake of my own?

When Drake royally fucks up, yep I said it he fucks up, I thought there would be no coming back from that.  He was such an asshole to Alexa, but once he finds out how bad he screwed up I will give it up to him he shows how much she means to him and apologizes and admits that he was wrong.  (Yep ladies he actually admits he was wrong, shocking I know since most men don’t know how to do that.)  He truly loves Alexa and doesn’t want to lose her.

I love the friendship that Alexa and Aubrey have as well.  They have been best friends since they were little girls and always have each other’s backs.  She was there for Alexa when Drake screwed up and did it in the perfect way I think.  I wish everyone had a friend like that, I know I am lucky because I do.


Push The Envelope is the first book in the Blythe College series and already I am hooked.  I want Hit The Wall, the next book in this series, to be out right now damn it. While this is part of a series, it doesn’t have a cliffhanger ending like so many books seem too lately and while I love cliffhangers it was refreshing to not have one with this book.   Rochelle Paige has an instant fan with me, and if the rest of the series is as hot as this one was then she will have a fan for life.  Put this one on your TBR piles!!!






Hi everyone! I have Rochelle Paige with us here today at My Secret Romance to tell us a little about herself and about her new book Push The Envelope, which I loved by the way.  Thank you for being here!

Rochelle: Thanks so much for having me. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed my debut book!

Janna:  Please tell us a little about yourself.

Rochelle: I absolutely adore reading - always have and always will. My friends growing up used to tease me when I would trail after them, trying to read and walk at the same time. If I have downtime, odds are you will find me reading or writing. I am the mother of two wonderful sons who have inspired me to chase my dream of being an author. I want them to learn from me that you can live your dream as long as you are willing to work for it.

Janna:  I loved Push the Envelope.  Can you tell our readers a little about the book and if it is part of a series?

Rochelle: Push the Envelope is the first book in my Blythe College series. Alexa is a college student paying her way by offering Mile High Club charter flights through her dad’s company. She grew up in the cockpit and plans to follow in his footsteps after she gets her degree. She is sweet and sassy. Her last relationship ended badly, and she’s stayed out of the dating scene until she meets Drake. He just transferred to her school to play for their rugby team. He's never been that interested in getting serious with anyone, but when he sees Alexa he's determined to get to know her better and won’t take no for an answer.

Janna:  When will the next book be available because I for one can’t wait to read it.

Rochelle: Hit the Wall is set to release on March 10. It will be Jackson’s story. He wasn’t supposed to be next, but he was pretty insistent that it’s his turn.

Janna:  Where any of the characters in Push the Envelope based on anyone that you know?

Rochelle: Heck no! There are some traits that were inspired by people I know, but the characters are completely fictional.

Janna:  Who are some of your favorite authors, books, or series?

Rochelle: This is such a hard question. If I had to pick my current favorites, they would be the Corps Security series by Harper Sloan, The Neighbors from Hell books by RL Mathewson, pretty much anything written by Kristen Ashley, the Until series by Aurora Rose Reynolds, and the Fixed trilogy by Laurelin Paige.  And no… she and I aren’t related. The name is a total coincidence.

Janna:  What inspires you?

Rochelle: The craziest things spark ideas for me. For example, my teenage son mentioned a Huffington Post article about a charter company in Ohio that offers Mile High Flights. It stuck in my brain and just wouldn’t go away! Somehow that connected to memories of some of my fellow students back in the day who used to fly out of the small, local airport near my college. The next thing I knew, I was writing Push the Envelope!

Janna:  Before you became an author, what did you do for a living and what caused you to start writing?

Rochelle: Most of my professional career has been spent in marketing. I still work full-time for a local health system, but I’ve recently moved into management with them. The second part of your question is a lot more difficult to answer because my decision to write came on the heels of the two most difficult years in my life. Books have always been my escape, and during that time I read more than I ever have in my entire life. I discovered some amazing indie authors who revitalized my dream of being an author myself.

Janna:  Are you currently reading anything?

Rochelle: I just finished reading Consumed by Emily Snow. Lucas Wolfe… sigh!

Janna:  What are some of your favorite quotes from Push The Envelope?

Rochelle:  Favorite quotes:

Alexa - "Stop right there! I get that you’re hot. I am sure lots of girls will put up with your crap because they want to be with you. But that’s not me. First of all, you have no right to tell me how I can and cannot speak. Second of all, the only reason I am swearing in the first place is because you are being an A-S-S. There. Is it better for you that I spelled it instead of just saying it?"

Drake - “Shhh, Alexa. Just needed to get out of there before I did something we both regretted. The sight of your lips wrapped around that spoon. Your eyes on me as I savored the taste of you mixed with chocolate. Then that damn sigh. I swear to you that you will make that same fucking sound again, but next time it’ll be in my ear with my cock deep inside your pussy.”

Aubrey - “Not gonna happen. Not with me here to help pick up the pieces. Flying is much scarier than falling in love because the risks are bigger. You’re just used to those risks. The only way you’re going to get used to them in relationships is if you give this a real chance. No holding yourself back. Really try to make this work with Drake. As scary as it is to think about having sex with only the second person in your life, it’s better to take the plunge with someone you’re starting to care for than to go out and have a string of one-night stands, right?”

Janna:  Where can your readers get in contact with you?

Rochelle: There are so many ways to connect with me online. Here are my links:

Twitter: @RochellePaige1



Thank you again for taking the time to be here today and telling us more about you and your book.  I can’t wait to read Jackson’s story in Hit the Wall.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...